Are you ready to embark on a thrilling journey where your passion for fashion and merchandising expertise can drive the success of a renowned multinational fashion manufacturing group? Look no further!
We are seeking an exceptional professional to join our team as the General Manager - Merchandising, based in the bustling city of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
As the General Manager - Merchandising, you will have the unparalleled opportunity to shape their merchandising strategy, enhance product assortment, and drive sales growth.
You will be directing the bulk and development teams and manage resources in order to achieve business objectives. You will implement service improvement processes and strategies by monitoring the progress and motivating the team, encouraging a problem solving to ensure products are delivered on time and to the required quality standards.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the product development team to create product costing to ensure competitive pricing and profitability of manufacturing.
- Work with the product development team and the customer to create a final approved Proto, Colour Sample and APP sample (approved for bulk), so as to ensure that accurate costing and development are confirmed for Bulk manufacturing .
- Conduct Risk Analysis meeting involving sample room, production, technical and quality team
- Ensure accurate and timely cut plan release to cutting department to start the bulk production 3-4 weeks before the shipment date. Establish all fabric and trim required for production is available.
- Supporting Hong Kong office in sourcing of majority of the raw materials, local Merchandising teams are responsible for sourcing of local trims on time and with the required quality standard.
- Improve processes by taking action to identify bottlenecks/ process improvements and addressing them so as to ensure that bulk & development processes are carried out in an effective and timely manner
- Experience in a similar industry, with proven experience of Manager role across Merchandising.
- In-depth knowledge in retail market and merchandising functions.
- Good understanding of factory production workflow process.
- Good negotiation skills with effective communication across teams.
- Highly motivated and result- driven individual, striving for excellence to meet and exceed business objectives.
- Able to work in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced matrix organisation.