Calling all Womenswear Garment Technologists / QA who are open to relocating to Australia to support the fastest growing womenswear fashion clothing and accessories brand. Please get in touch and see the full job spec below.
In this role you will be working collaboratively with Buying and Design to create new tech packs in line with departmental timelines, quality standards, and commercial requirements. You'll be carrying out all fit sessions, assessing samples and reviewing garment measurements and construction.
A minimum of 3 years' experience across womenswear fashion is required for this role. This company offers sponsorship and a competitive relocation package.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Drive the pace of fit sessions, take full ownership that styles are fitted in the correct order and on time - in line with critical path per department
- Take full responsibility for approval of styles to bulk production
- Provide clear and direct technical instructions to offshore offices within the required timeline
- Assess and approve supplier test reports and care labels in line with required standards and delivery schedule
- Analyse customer returns; contribute to weekly assessment of returns report and demonstrate actions taken to reduce faulty returns
- Attend and contribute to weekly departmental tracking meetings with buying or production
- Ensure the fit process is complete within the target dates and any amendments do not impact "on time" delivery
- Train, support and develop the QA Assistant in quality team best practice
- At least 3 years' experience as a Garment Technologist or QA across womenswear in a fashion retail business.
- Sound knowledge of garment construction, patternmaking and grading
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Full understanding of critical path management as applied in a retail environment.
- The ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and appropriately with colleagues, China, and others at all levels.
- Strong communication and time management skills with good attention to detail.
- Self-motivation & enthusiasm.