We are working with this highly successful supplier of Ladies, Men's and Childrenswear to major retailers throughout the UK, Europe and the USA high street fashion retailers.
They are looking for a Director of Sourcing to be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh to help drive and grow the company operations for the US sourcing division. You will be overseeing the sourcing, production and merchandising operations for the US sourcing division in Bangladesh.
For this role you must have experience sourcing for customers based over in the US, have managerial experience with the ability to drive strong leadership within your team. The role is across of Ladies, Men's and Childrenswear multi product; jersey, woven and knitwear.
The salary and benefits for this role are competitive and dependent on your experience.
- Lead and develop the team that partners with Product Development, Design, Costing and Sourcing teams to establish US sourcing strategies.
- Drive the growth of the US customer base.
- Support and drive company-wide initiatives - related to process and/or system improvement.
- Responsible for budget management, production management and driving vendor strategy.
- Develop strong leadership, motivate and manage a team.
- Support margin missions, lead and develop an in-region team to manage the production and critical path ensuring key deadlines are met.
- Continually looking to improve collaboration with costing and manufacturers.
- Manage seasonal vendor-level on time performance.
- Work collaboratively with compliance and quality teams to ensure social compliance and quality standards & goals are met and are in line with organisations sustainable policies & practices.
- Lead efficient vendor relationships that are beneficial to the brand and company.
- 20 years' experience in the fashion and garment industry across sourcing, production and merchandising.
- Previous experience working with US customers, strong understanding of the US market.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong understanding of the apparel manufacturing and merchandising process.
- Be a team player.
- Experience managing and leading a team.
- Diploma in Garments / Apparel Management across manufacturing / production planning advantageous but not necessary.