A fantastic new opportunity has become available for a commercial Wovens Designer for a successful business to major high street retailers to work on several of their key accounts across multiproduct ladieswear and girlswear wovens.
They are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and commercial woven fashion Designer with a mid-market handwriting style who passionate about woven design. You'll work alongside a friendly team who you'll work collaboratively to create new and innovative mood/trend boards and CAD's.
The ideal candidate must have a flare for fashion and understand key woven fabrications and shapes.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Travel for competition shopping/sourcing/factory visits.
- Create, develop and design CAD's in line with brands handwriting.
- Research and create mood boards to illustrate direction, colour and trends for the season.
- Present ranges confidently to Buyers.
- Design seasonal capsule collections along with key shapes, colour palettes and fabric direction.
- Attend regular meetings with Sales Manager and customer buying/design teams who you will be liaising regularly with.
- Wovens background is essential.
- Experience designing mid market ladies and girlswear fashion.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong prioritisation skills and accuracy is critical.
- Strong team player with the ability to work on their own initiative
- Commercially savvy with excellent on trend knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, confident when attending customer meetings