My client is a vibrant and fun leading high street retail brand delivering on the latest trends to the young adult market. They are looking for a resilient Womenswear Designer to work across their jersey collection, the individual must work well under pressure and have a strong eye for interpreting trends with confidence designing graphics and print as well as shape. Experience working with India advantageous for this role
You will design and contribute to the constant development of new product ranges, to satisfy the customer needs, offering innovation and fresh approaches to design.
This role would suit an experienced Junior Designer wanting to progress to mid level Designer role or an established Mid-Level Designer wanting to continue their development to eventually progress to Senior Designer level whose strength lies in multi-product shape design, with a good Print/Graphics knowledge.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Assisting in the design of current young Women's jersey wear
- Creating graphics and print led ranges to present to clients
- Put together Design, Mood, Colour and Trend Boards
- Sourcing of fabric and trims
- To produce detailed technical packs for accurate first-time samples
- Travel overseas to shows factories and Head office
- Previous experience designing Womenswear and Jersey design
- Confidence using graphic and print within design
- Good understanding of fabrics, fabric manipulation, and fabric techniques
- Good understanding of garment construction
- Possess excellent communication skills at all levels
- Able to travel overseas several times a year
- Strong CAD skills
- Previous experience working with India is advantageous
- Experience working for a Brand/High Street retailer advantageous but not essential.
- Able to work under pressure
- Have good team working skills