We are currently working with a large Mens and Ladieswear supplier to several value retailers based in Dubai, South Africa and Chile. This is a very exciting time to be joining the business as they are now looking to grow their Design team and are looking for an exceptional Designer to join them primarily on Menswear Knit and Wovens but they are looking for someone who has also done Ladieswear who will report into the Vertical Head and Director of our client.
They are looking for a Designer who has their finger on the pulse, who is aware of trends and looks, someone who has a good eye for western fashion and someone who can interpret these looks into a commercial and viable offering to their customers.
This position requires someone to be based in their offices in Bangladesh.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Designing current menswear trend-led fashion ranges to present to clients
- Put together Design, Mood, Colour and Trend Boards
- Build strong relationships with clients and attend meetings to discuss ranges
- Sourcing of fabric and trims
- To produce detailed technical packs for accurate first-time samples
- Previous experience working as men's knitwear and wovens designer
- Experience designing Ladieswear
- Ideally used to working with and supplying high street fashion retailers
- Good understanding of fabrics and fabric techniques
- Experience in working on garment costings would be advantageous
- Ability to draft garment specifications
- Good understanding of garment construction
- Confident in presenting to clients
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong CAD skills
- English speaking