Our client is an international super brand that delivers trend-led casualwear to the young adult market. They are recruiting for a Senior Denim/Casual bottom designer to be based in Hong Kong, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone with solid commercial denim experience. The right candidate will have an in-depth understanding of denim fabrics, have spent time in the mills and the factories selecting fabrics and creating washes.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Develop trend-led collections of denimwear & casual bottoms in high volume
- Be responsible for sourcing and developing fabrics and trims
- Developing and creating washes
- Visiting the factories on a regular basis liaising with the production team
- Trend forecasting by undertaking shopping research trips and client meetings assuring your designs fit the given brief
- The role involves market research, sample execution and client presentations.
- Previous experience designing young women's fast fashion denim and casual bottoms to a high volume
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of technical washes and fabrics
- Have a good understanding of garment costing
- Experience designing for the US market preferred or designing for major UK/European retail groups
- Demonstrate longevity in your designing career
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Time management and organisational skills are essential
- Strong sketching and CAD skills are essential
- Higher Diploma / Degree in Fashion Design
- Creative abilities and merchant skills to steer the design towards the needs of individual retailers.
- 3+ years similar position in Womenswear fashion design