We are working with a fast growing womenswear fashion clothing brand who are looking for a Designer across Dresses. Based in Australia they are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic Designer to support across their best selling category.
In this role they are looking for strong Designer who is able to identify new and emerging trends across the dresses department, this is a large department for the brand with a key focus on growth you'll be able to make a strong impact.
This role offers a competitive salary and relocation package as well as other perks and benefits. Please note this salary is in AUD.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Design seasonal capsule collections along with key shapes, colour palettes and fabric direction.
- A strong commercial handwriting.
- Research and source new design ideas & fabrics/trims day to day across dresses.
- Help identify key opportunities and the latest trends on product.
- Work closely with in house sales team to drive the product forward.
- Create seasonal mood & trend boards with the design team.
- Weekly reports looking at the latest trends.
- Ability to translate initial ideas & concepts into commercial designs.
- Presenting to Buyers and Senior Management.
- At least 4 years' experience as a Designer across womenswear in a fashion retail business.
- Strong Adobe (particularly illustrator) and CAD skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and appropriately with colleagues across all levels.
- Have a strong eye for trends, colour and good attention to detail.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Self-motivation & enthusiasm.