We are working with a market leading supplier of Ladies knitwear to major UK fashion retailers who focus on quality, style, complimentary design features and finding that perfect fit. They are looking for a Design Manager who will oversee a team of 8 across a number of different areas.
In this senior position you will be reporting directly into the MD they will expect you to be innovative ensuring they stay ahead in all aspects of the business, constantly adapting and developing collections and bringing new clients on board.
A strong commercial knitwear design background from either a supplier or retailer is required.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Lead the market in trend-setting, constantly researching, creating story boards, designing and developing.
- Ability to create bestselling ranges and be hands-on with trends and giving direction and guidance to your team.
- Awareness of sustainable trading and ethical manufacturing
- Responsible for overseeing and mentoring a team of 8 across design, account management, garment tech and wholesale merchandisers, as well as being hands-on with design.
- Attend regular meetings with customers and bringing new customers on board
- Required to work in a fast-paced environment, high volume design/development
- Sourcing of new fabrics and trims
Person Specifications :
- Strong understanding of previous design experience of knitwear essential
- Previous supplier experience highly advantageous
- Attention to detail
- Management of a small team required
- Excellent communication at all levels along with, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to present and work alongside key management in the business