Do you have previous Inditex experience? If so, this could be the perfect opportnity for you! An exciting opportunity has arisen for one of my clients who are a successful supplier of ladieswear, menswear and childrenswear Jersey and supply to several major iconic retailers. This is a tremendous role for an experienced Design Manager who can lead and inspire a team whilst also being hands on with product, customers and support driving the business forward.
A commercial supplier background is required along with good management skills. You should have a strong commercial eye, excellent communication skills and be confident with presenting to Buyers and Directors at all levels.
Based in London, you will have a sound technical understanding of jersey, be ahead of the latest trends and experience working with Bangladesh.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee a team of Designers and Print Designers.
- Ability to create bestselling jersey ranges and be hands on with trends, giving direction and guidance to your team.
- Work closely with and report back to leadership team
- Implementing direction and innovation for the season across shape, print, fabric and trim.
- Involvement with key customer meetings on a regular basis.
- Liaise with overseas factories and travel to the factories for development & summit projects right quality one time, shopping research trips and client meetings when required.
- Assist with driving and increasing sales with new and existing customers.
- Develop trend-led collections tailored towards customers throughout the year.
- Ensure the design team is aware of sales analysis on weekly basis.
- Sourcing of new fabrics and trims.
- Experience within ladieswear, menswear and / or childrenswear jersey is essential.
- Previous supplier experience required.
- Good understanding of garment costing.
- Demonstrate longevity in your design career.
- Management of a small team required.
- Excellent communication at all levels along with, time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to present and work alongside key management in the business.