Our client, a leading supplier of smart men's casual jersey wear to the high street is actively recruiting a men's Casual Jersey Wear Designer to work specifically with a high street retailer based in Leicester
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR PORTFOLIO WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Designing commercial ranges of Men's multi product jersey wear.
- Being aware of current trends and producing mood/direction boards.
- Preparing design/factory packs and artwork for sampling
- Working closely with the buying team, attending meetings at Retail and presenting cads/samples to buyers.
- Following designs from first sample stage through to production.
- Keeping up to date with fashion trends including colours and shapes.
- Maintaining the company identity and developing their product portfolio.
- Delivering products on budget.
- Liaising with overseas factories.
- Excellent multi product design experience for the fashion high street.
- Experience working with Buyers based in Leicester
- Sound knowledge of garment construction.
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Strong CAD skills.
- Excellent drawing skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Creative flair and good colour sense.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.