An exciting new opportunity has risen to work for a leading supplier to major high street retailing stores who are looking for a Senior Menswear Designer to join their expanding team.
They are seeking an outgoing, creative commercial designer with a young yet versatile handwriting style who can work in a fast paced, demanding environment from either their offices in Hong Kong.
You must be trend focused and able to design ranges based on a brief and free thinking. You will need to understand key shapes, current and forward trends.
A clear communicator who is confident speaking to management and buyers of all levels.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Working on commercial menswear multi product designs
- Researching current trends and comp shopping
- Compile trend reports and mood boards
- Liaising and maintaining relationships with buyers
- Designing to price point
- Working on own initiative
- To respond quickly and effectively to the customer's design requirements
- Maintain an awareness of current and forecasted fashion trends
- Highly creative
- Experience in a commercial menswear design role
- Excellent Photoshop & Illustrator skills
- Have extremely versatile handwriting
- Be prepared to travel at short notice
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Confident to present to high street buyers independently
- An understanding of garment construction
- An understanding of fabrics and textures
- Good communication skills are essential
- Someone who is proactive and uses initiative
- Proficient in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY PLEASE SEND THROUGH EXAMPLES OF DESIGN AND CAD WORK FROM YOUR PORTFOLIO