A great opportunity has arisen to work with a successful supplier for several high street retailers .This opportunity will give you the chance to work with a great team in a fast-paced environment.. My client is looking for a proactive individual to join their team, someone who is self-motivated and with excellent communication skills .
Main Responsibilities will include :
· Covering predominately ladieswear across Jersey, Woven's and Knitwear Fabrics
· Liaising with the design and garment technical teams to ensure fabrics are fit for purpose and approved in accordance with critical path.
· Ensure clear communications is maintained with key customers, overseas offices and fabric suppliers
· Be aware of new developments and innovations in respect of fabrics and fabric processing to introduce and deliver any changes that would be of benefit to the business.
· Work closely with mills, factories and overseas offices to ensure all technical data, colour standards and administrative processes are completed efficiently and approved
· Problem solve all fabric issues.
· Assessment or participation in the lab dip approval management system.
· Base fabric testing and base approval.
· Bulk Fabric, Garment Testing and Trim Testing, confirm garment labels
· Assessment and approval of 1st bulk fabrics and subsequent repeats and co-ordinate and assess wearer trials.
· Carry out Fabric Mill, Garment Laundries and Garment Manufacturer evaluations
· Carry out special fabric/product development projects.
· Drive technical fabric innovations.
· Maintain accurate records and archives
· Previous experience working in a similar role for a supplier or retailer across Jersey, Woven's and Knitwear Fabrics
· Hands on working knowledge of REACH regulations and SVHC,
· Ability to show empathy for design within the process.
· A relevant degree and ideally experience of Fabric Production and Wet Processing ideally in both Near and Far East
· Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
· · Flexible approach, with an ability to demonstrate diplomacy and tenacity as required.
· A willingness to undertake UK and travel.
· Clean, Full Driving Licence essential
Senior Fabric tech
|Job Title:||Senior Fabric tech|
|Contract Type:||Full Time|
|Contact Name:||Shelley Pinto|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available