This is a fabulous opportunity for a commercial driven Retail Director to join one of the most successful global premium retailers with an impressive portfolio of stores throughout the UK and Ireland.
My client is looking to appoint an inspirational and motivational leader who will be guiding their business through an exciting time of expansion and development, working closely with the commercial management team and the line managers on the field.
The successful candidate will need to be an exceptional communicator, with strong influencing skills able to connect and establish positive relationships at all levels, from store staff ,through to external partners as well as Merchandising, HR and Finance in order to ensure a seamless communication across all business areas.
The primary focus of the role is setting budgets and delivering sales targets through all retail channels by ensuring retail teams maximise every sales opportunity and promote a selling culture. This role will also encompass you playing an active part in campaign launches activation's and other store related activity.
Main Duties Will Include:
- Setting and analysing yearly and quarterly budgets in conjunction with the Merchandise and Finance teams
- Communicating the budgets to the stores and the accounts making the district and the regional sales managers accountable for delivering the targets
- Developing a clear sales strategy to achieve targets
- Monitoring the like-for-like changes in the business and analysing the factors impacting on the business
- Driving operational excellence by setting specific goals and communicating expectations in a clear manner
- Managing the employees deployment to optimise the revenue and control costs
- Working closely with the network/property team to ensure store changes are delivered in line with the budget expectations
- Driving productivity through LFL sales, conversion rate, UPT and ATV
- Identify opportunities for store openings with the Business Development Manager and Retail Development team
- Working closely with Merchandising to analyse retail business, identify areas for improvement and implement strategic initiatives
- Partnering with the Management team to ensure the overall running of the company
- Working closely with Finance and Merchandise to develop the yearly, quarterly , monthly and weekly budgets
- Working with HR to ensure compliance is maintained at the highest level and that HR best practices are applied at all times
- Building and developing strong relationships with franchise partners
- Working with Marketing to ensure in store events are successfully generating sales
- Liaising with the EMEA regional office
- Proven ability to build and develop a successful team
- Commercial acumen and ability to identify business opportunities
- Proven track record of driving sales and meeting sales targets at national level
- A natural communicator able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong understanding of retail store operations and the UK retail industry
- Previous experience of working for a multi-site business for a prominent brand with high footfall and turnover
- Knowledge and experience of franchise business model desirable
- Strong influencing and leadership skills
- Passionate about retail and sales