An exciting opportunity has become available to work for a leading supplier to major high street retail stores and supermarkets, looking for a Production Co-ordinator to join their team in London. This is an administrative role to support the development team across fabric, yarn and sampling. The development team work very closely with the design team so whilst the role is administrative it is in a creative environment.
- Presenting material purchase orders to management for approval and emailing to the mills and factories once approved.
- Preparing regular yarn, fabric and print chasing lists and sending to relevant mills, following up on the phone as needed.
- Update regular stock lists for each factory and carry out stock checks for accuracy and stock levels.
- Manage yarn and fabric moves between factories.
- Maintain physical references of fabric and yarn orders as a colour library for the design team.
- Help to prepare yarn and fabric hangers and quality references of new qualities.
- Prepare regular garment sample chasing charts, cross-checking and updating fabric and yarn status info as required.
- General administrative support to the development team and therefore design team; helping to prepare for meetings, maintaining filing system, preparing reports.
- Experience within supply chain and/or the clothing industry
- Any office based/administrative experience
- Must be organised and able to prioritise
- IT literate
- Product knowledge in knit/jersey and outerwear - preferred but not essential
- Must be a good communicator via multiple channels
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must be confident and assertive but personable
- Interest in the clothing industry
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn