This unique opportunity as a Product/Brand Operations Manager has arisen with one of my clients, an established British brand of both ladies and menswear with stores throughout the UK.
This role is to enable the smooth, effective and timely delivery of the Business-Critical Path specifically by supporting and representing the Design Team across the business.
Working as part of the Design, Product and Merchandising Senior team, you will be involved in the planning and delivery of key meetings and presentations on a seasonal basis, as well as the day-to-day events and tasks as part of a busy product team in a fast-moving environment.
In this role you will help prioritise workload and therefore must be competent in project management, advise on solutions, help plan and direct the group and enable the workload to be achieved.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Manage the Design team Weekly, Monthly and Seasonal priorities
- Lead the weekly planning meeting to ensure all deadlines and tasks are captured
- Be responsible for clarity re. dates and expectations from the design team, highlight any anticipated challenges
- Be involved with, and where appropriate lead, the planning and preparation for key meetings
- Ensure Design Progress Review, Print & Colour Review meetings are arranged
- Support and embed best practice, collectively and consistently across the Design teams
- Be knowledgeable about workload and expectations around aspects of the approval process
- Liaising with the Brand Director on all aspects of the design function to ensure smooth work flow
- Budget management for the design department
- Event and meeting organisation, covering logistics, documentation, people and supplies
- Working as a conduit between departments to keep communication flowing;
- Setup and manage inductions for new starters
- Dotted line management of design team re. day to day operational functions (not creative)
- Travel planning for international trips within Company budget and policy
- Critical Path planning and date management
- Acting as first point of contract for the Brand Director, responding to queries and acting as the gatekeeper for all meeting requests
- Previous experience in a similar role in a fast paced fashion office/creative studio/design environment for a brand or retailer
- Ability to influence & communicate at a senior level, with excellent people skills [Ability to communicate with technologist/factories on sampling programme and to influence the Product Team]
- Computer literate (Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Organised, sociable, enthusiastic and results orientated
- Management experience essential
- Thrives on having lots to do and wants to deliver to a high standard
- Be solutions orientated
- Experience of project managing or working with Director level organisations