My Client is a prominent Clothing Supplier to the High Street, specialising in designing and producing ladies soft separates Womenswear. They are looking for a Print Designer, full of enthusiasm & fresh idea's looking for a change or the next step in their career, to join their established Print Design team based in central London. The successful candidate should have previous experience working for a supplier and have supplied to High Street Retailers
Main responsibilities Will Include:
To work closely with the inhouse design teams, supporting and developing the junior designers, and research and develop prints, artwork, embroidery.
To design and assist the constant development and co-ordination of new graphic design, to satisfy market trends and customer needs, in keeping with accounts handwriting and briefs.
- Analysing & Interpreting Catwalk/Trend/blog reports, ensuring latest key trends are being worked into and developed
- Regular research/ comp shop trips to stay on top of high street trends
- Researching and developing new artworks, Hand drawing/painting
- Developing requested customer artworks & embroideries
- Action and liase artwork with China/India
- Creating PPT's for shopping trips and research
- Liasing and meeting (often daily), with your account/s
- Should have a Print Degree: BA (Hons) Printed Textiles & Surface Pattern Design
- Several years' experience preferable in a similar role on the Supplier side
- You will need to be extremely versatile, with the ability to switch between a broad range of handwriting easily and be able to interpret the customers' needs easily.
- Excellent knowledge of fabrics/ printing methods and techniques
- Able to communicate clearly and confidently at all levels,
- To be proficient in Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office.
- You should be able to lead as well as work well in a team, be confident, helpful and personable, supportive and nurturing,.
- Ability to design original, commercial, artwork to be used across a variety of product
PLEASE SUPPLY ARTWORK WITH YOUR APPLICATION