A great new opportunity has arisen for one of my clients who are a leading ladieswear manufacturers and importers of outerwear, knitwear and jersey. They have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic commercial Ladieswear Outerwear Designer to join their London based team in their fabulous offices in North West London.
This role is ideal for someone looking for the next step in their career as this role will offer the opportunity to travel and meet with and present to a variety of customers from large supermarket chains through to leading retailers.
Main Responsibilities will include
- Supporting the Head of Design in their role.
- Build relationships both internally and with customers through face to face meetings.
- Work with factories on a regular basis.
- Carry out seasonal trend research and present as and when required.
- Management of the critical path.
- Understand the customer briefs and translate into commercial product as well as looking for product opportunities within the range.
- The successful candidate must have previous Outerwear design experience
- Knowledge of working within a fast paced supplier
- Have broad handwriting to appeal to a variety of customers
- Strong understanding of the critical path process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to work under pressure.
- Strong CAD and presentation skills.
- Ability to work confidently within a fast paced environment.