We are currently recruiting an Experienced Men's Knitwear Designer for one of our major clients that is a leading supplier to many UK high street retailers.
Working closely with the team, you will be involved in all aspects of the business from initial concept to finished product and ensure that you are providing high quality latest fashion to their key customers.
Previous experience of working as a Men's Knitwear Designer supplying high street retailers is essential.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Accountable for creating ranges within the team based on the client's specifications
- Commercially aware of current trends and themes, developing ranges and working with production to ensure all garments are designed and manufactured in line with the business direction.
- Daily contact with third parties including the Far East.
- To translate ideas into commercial design for the mass market
- Produce artwork of styles to show to customers * Product detailed design sheets for the factories to work from, making sure they have all the information needed to develop the sample.
- Working alongside Account Manager, Buyers and Design Manager to create strong working relationships to ensure customer needs are being met
- Holding customer meetings on an ad-hoc basis
- Travel to Far East and other countries of production as required * Shopping trips both to the UK and overseas to research new trends. Buying samples responsibly to ensure maximum use of business sample budget
- Strong commercial awareness within the retail market to lead and take accountability for larger customer accounts
- Forthcoming with ideas on ways of working and using own initiative
- Monitoring yarns in countries overseas, working directly with off shore offices to keep a weekly update on yarn developments
- Experience as Men Knitwear Designer working for a similar supplier to the high street
- Knowledge of yarn
- Knowledge of garment and production construction
- Presentation of research and present it to the team and customers
- Be able to undertake trend prediction
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team whilst also showing own initiatives
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY PLEASE SUBMIT EXAMPLES OF WORK FROM YOUR PORTFOLIO TO