We have a fantastic new opportunity to work for a Luxury brand, looking for a talented Childrenswear Designer based in their Central London office.
They are a creative team who love colour, print and fabrics with exceptional attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will assist the childrenswear designer and occasionally help with womenswear design team. A childrenswear design background in not essential, however you will need to have a similar design aesthetic. Someone who understand fabrics and textures, swatches/trims and garment construction will be a bonus.
This role is perfect for a graduate who is looking to begin a career within the fashion industry or someone with a few years' experience, who is looking for a new challenge and kick-starting their profession.
Main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Working closely with the design team
- Supporting both the childrenswear and womenswear designers
- Putting together fabric boards/swatches for approval
- Being aware of current trends and producing mood/direction boards
- Keen interest in the fashion industry
- An understanding of garment construction
- An understanding of fabrics and textures
- Good communication skills are essential
- Someone who is proactive and uses initiative
PLEASE APPLY WITH YOUR RELEVANT PORTFOLIO