We are currently recruiting for an established and successful supplier of Ladies and some Men's Knitwear, to some exciting names on the high street including ASOS,Primark and large Supermarket chains.
With their own in-house sampling facilities, and a dedicated team of passionate designers working on both short and long lead time product. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Knitwear Technologist to join an established in-house team, working across a variety of trend-lead fashion knitwear to help maintain and improve the quality and innovation that my client has become known for.
As a Knitwear Technologist you will be responsible for the sealing process from design samples through to shipments. You will also be required to;
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Manage the sample process and approvals from initial fit through to production in line with Critical Path.
- Attending customer fit, development and sealing meetings.
- Required to work on technical innovation projects as well as ongoing technical upgrades.
- Create specifications and work books.
- Liaising with internal design, sales and merchandising teams.
- Travel offshore to factories for development and AQLs.
- Keep abreast of customer quality requirements and ensure all suppliers follow these guidelines.
- To input technical information on to customer systems to ensure these are technically accurate.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Knitwear Technologist, preferably with another Supplier working on a similar account base.
- Must have strong analytical problem-solving skills and be able to deliver fast technical solutions.
- Experience with high street retailers in a similar garment technologist role.
- Extensive knit technical skills.
- Be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a small team.
- Ability to prioritise workload and multi-task various functions.
- Must be a Competent IT user.
- Must be a confident communicator both written and verbal.
- Have an eye for attention to detail.