We have a fantastic new opportunity as a Knitwear Designer to join a leading supplier to fast fashion on the UK high street.
In this position as a Knitwear Designer, you will be working closely with the team, being involved in all aspects of the business: from initial concept to finished product. You will ensure that high quality products for the latest fashion are provided to all customers.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for creating ranges within the team based on the client's specifications
- Commercially aware of current trends and themes, developing ranges and working with production to ensure all garments are designed and manufactured in line with the business direction.
- Daily contact with third parties including the Far East
- Travel to Far East and other countries of production as required
- Translate ideas into commercial design for the mass market
- Produce artwork of styles to show to customers
- Produce detailed design sheets for the factories to work from
- Working alongside Account Manager, Buyers and Design Manager to create strong working relationships to ensure customer needs are being met
- Shopping trips both to the UK and overseas to research new trends. Buying samples responsibly to ensure maximum use of business sample budget
- Monitor yarns in countries overseas, working directly with off shore offices to keep a weekly update on yarn developments
- Monitor sample budgets
- Must have several years' experience working as a Knitwear Designer for a supplier
- Knowledge of yarn and production construction
- Presentation of research and present it to the team and customers
- Able to undertake trend prediction
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team whilst also showing own initiative
- Computer Literate with knowledge of Freehand, Illustrator, Photoshop and Shima Apex systems
- Good technical knowledge of knitwear