We have a fantastic new opportunity to work for a leading supplier to many major high-street retailers and supermarkets looking for a Junior Wholesale Merchandise Assistant based in their London office.
This role would be suitable for a second jobber - someone who is very hands on and proactive; looking for a new challenge.
This position reports into the Merchandise controller for this busy ladieswear supplier, working across multi product areas including, knitwear, jersey and outwear.
The ideal candidate must be confident, uses initiative and able to work within a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the design and development/production team
- Sending and chasing samples for gold seal approval
- Lab dip and bulk fabric approvals
- Sourcing fabrics and trims
- Help prepare presentation pack to the customers
- Attending sales meetings with existing and new customers
- Liaising with overseas factories
- Managing the critical path
- Processing purchase orders
- General admin and updates within the merchandising department
- Uses own initiative and can manage own workload
- Can demonstrate experience of working in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Highly organised, proactive, and numerate with excellent IT skills, particularly Excel
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Clear communication skills at all levels
- Eye for detail
- This is an ideal job for a second jobber