We have an exciting new role with a hugely successful high street supplier who are looking for a Junior Merchandiser to work in their Central London Offices. This is an amazing opportunity to join a fast-paced fashion environment.
This is an initial 5 month internship which could lead to a permanent role
This position reports into the Merchandise controller for this busy ladieswear supplier, working across all product areas including, knitwear, jersey and outwear. The role would also be dealing with leading high street suppliers.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Liaising with retail customers regarding any issues
- Dealing with overseas factories
- Updating and monitoring the critical path
- Chasing up samples and lab dips
- Bulk fabrics
- Order placements and updates
- General admin and updates within the merchandising department
- Some experience working for a supplier would be advantageous
- Highly organised, proactive, and numerate with excellent IT skills, particularly Excel
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Strong numerical skills would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage the critical path is also essential
- Previous experience working for a supplier is essential within the merchandising team
- This is an ideal job for a graduate with some experience in the industry
- Ability to work well under pressure, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.