We have an exciting new opportunity to work for a leading supplier to many major high-street retailers and supermarkets, looking for a ladies Formal Jerseywear Designer based in London.
They are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and commercial womenswear formal jerseywear designer with a young to mid-market handwriting style who is used to working in a fast-paced environment and able to work under pressure.
This a great chance for a Designer to progress their career further with opportunities to travel abroad for factory visits and comp shops.
The ideal candidate must have a flare for fashion shapes and understand jersey fabrication.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the design and development team
- Develop new products and techniques on formal jersey
- Presenting ideas to the customers
- Design and develop specific ranges for the customers
- Attending sales meetings with existing and new customers
- Research catwalk trends
- Put together mood boards
- Inspirational shopping trips and competitive shopping
- Experience as a Formal Jersey Designer who can demonstrate their knowledge of women's formal garments specialising in jersey
- Must have a flare for fashion fabrications
- Can demonstrate experience of working in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- First class communication skills at all levels
- CAD skills as well as sketching essential