Our client is a leading supplier of women's fashions to many of the high street retailers in the UK and Europe as well as having their own retail and online presence.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Financial Controller/Head of Finance for their London office.
Reporting into the CFO in Istanbul and the Managing Director here in the UK you will have overall responsibility for the day to day management of all the accounting within the business. You will also be required to fulfil the local legal and tax requirements with the team as well as reporting financial results to the stakeholders within the business.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Follow up of local laws and regulations
- Accurate preparation and reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual financials to stakeholders
- Responsible for accounting/bookkeeping of all transactions
- Detail follow up of supplier finance facility via bank with customers
- Financial management and reporting of the Store operations (purchases, sales, cash, etc)
- Adherence to company policies and chart of accounts
- Provide all local legal reports (tax returns, etc..) to local authorities correctly and on time
- Leaving proper audit trail in all work
- Provide excellent inventory follow up and costing
- Maintaining excellent relationship with HQ in Istanbul
- Supporting HQ in maintaining relationship with banks, audit firms, consultants, lawyers, etc..
- Adherence to ISO 9001:2008 Quality management system and TS-EN-ISO 27001 Information security management system
- Previous experience as Finance Controller/Head of Finance with a similar fashion supplier/retailer
- Holds a ACCA, CPA or CMA or DipIFR certificates
- Management, Accounting Degree
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Fluent in English and Turkish
- Experience in Retail
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Fluent Turkish