My client manufactures and supplies Outerwear and Tailoredwear garments to the UK high street. They are looking to bring on board a fabric sourcer to work with their lovely fabric team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who is passionate about sourcing fabrics and working with retailers in the UK and US. You must be commercially astute with excellent knowledge of sourcing fabrics offshore either in Europe (Italy, Spain, Turkey) and the Far East, from existing and new markets.
YOU MUST SPEAK MANDARIN
The Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Meeting regularly with current and new fabric suppliers/mills to review ranges and new developments and report potential interest to the design team.
- Visit trade fairs, trend sites, suppliers and fabric mills to be constantly on top of the latest fabric trends and innovations.
- Have a commercial approach at all times.
- Update fabric library and files.
- Work closely with Design and Technical teams to review best and worst selling products to provide key information for new development.
- Build relationships with fabric mills, suppliers and offshore Offices to maintain and awareness of market conditions, prices, and new products.
- Be aware of current and upcoming key trends in fabrics, shapes and prints.
- 2/3 years' experience of working with a wide variety of fabrics (woven fabrics).
- Ideally you will be from a retail, supplier or fabric agency background with proven technical experience of fabrics sourcing.
- Ability to identify and research opportunities for innovation and supply routes, working directly with mills, suppliers & factories to build relationships.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of fabric terminology.
- Must be commercially astute.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills. Must be able to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Must be eligible to travel overseas and within the UK.
- Strong communication skills.