My client, a leading fashion manufacturer of women's, men's and kidswear - are now looking for a Junior Fabric Design Coordinator with a strong awareness of trends, to join their busy design team.
This job is a great opportunity to understand fabric, construction, weights, washes, testing etc. It will also give you a huge advantage in the design industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the design team for a top fashion manufacturer who lead the way in womenswear fashion, designing trend led commercial jersey wear for the UK High Street.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily communication with international countries - India, China and Bangladesh.
- Excel Charts to monitor fabric tracking.
- Monitoring costs on fabric - to be cost effectiveness - seeing where best to send a swatch for cost/production feasibility.
- Gathering trend newness to continuously update our international offices so we can source the latest newness from mills throughout the season.
- Liaising with the designers to source fabrics which are customer specific.
- Prioritising fabrics dependant on customer meetings.
- Sending swatches out with full development details.
- Updating designers and managers with weekly updates from mill and fabric status.
- Managing fabrics around national holidays - managing expectations on realistic deadlines.
- Updating old stock with current yardage status
- Have demonstrable ability to work to deadlines
- Have a good working knowledge of customer quality standards
- Professional and confident manner when dealing with customers
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Be able to liaise with offshore production team, both written and oral
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and Adobe Suite is preferred
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task with effective communication skills both written and oral.
- Relevant degree experience, from a technical or design background.