Our client is a highly desirable, premium brand with huge international presence. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Learning and Development Director to manage implementation of designated leadership and talent development strategies, including integrated competency models and performance management elements for all roles.
Main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Manages integration of the brands values, including behaviors and relevant performance management elements for all roles and teams.
- Managing existing and future learning curriculum
- Updating and adding new modules using classroom instruction, distance learning and asynchronous channels
- The annual Leadership Summit
- Developing, executing and managing the brands learning
- Designing and conducting participant surveys and feedback vehicles (including workforce planning) to gather insight for the enhancement of future learning/development opportuni
- Designing and delivering on-boarding program(s) for newly hired staff and executives.
- Directing assessment and implementation of new learning and performance management technology applications Skillsoft; automated performance management; future Learning Management Systems (LMS) and ensuring integration with other learning initiatives and user technology capabilities.
- Overseeing training design and training distribution (through multiple channels) to employees including employees in Canada and South America.
- Screening prospective coaches for executive team members and senior managers and overseeing the development and management of relevant contracts.
- Negotiating contracts for coaching and association - wide change initiatives and works with partners in legal to ensure deliverables are negotiated and managed per
- Working on highly confidential learning and organization development projects for the Executive Team (e.g. performance calibration, succession planning, association-wide organization effectiveness initiatives, Board projects.
- Building strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, etc
- Extensive experience within learning and development in the retail sector
- Must be a personable individual with excellent communication skills
- Results orientated and highly motivated
- Excellent leadership skills
- Willingness to make a strong personal commitment to the development of the company
- Able to provide creative strategies in establishing priorities needed to achieve goals and objectives for the company.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, fast growing corporate environment