We are currently working with one of the leading suppliers of men's fashion to the high street across the UK and Europe. They are now looking to grow their young fashion men's wear ranges in jersey wear, so are recruiting a Designer.
Designing for jersey multi-product, graphics and shapes, they are looking for a Designer who has their finger on the pulse, who is aware of street/urban trends and looks, someone who can interpret these looks into a commercial and viable offering to their customers.
This position can either be based in the Manchester office or there is an opportunity to be based from home.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Designing current menswear trend-led fashion ranges to present to clients
- Put together Design, Mood, Colour and Trend Boards
- Build strong relationships with clients and attend meetings to discuss ranges
- Sourcing of fabric and trims
- To produce detailed technical packs for accurate first-time samples
- Previous experience working as men's casual jersey wear Designer
- Ideally used to working with and supplying high street fashion retailers such as Primark, Pennies and Next
- Good understanding of fabrics and fabric techniques
- Experience in working on garment costings would be advantageous
- Ability to draft garment specifications
- Good understanding of garment construction
- Confident in presenting to clients
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong CAD skills