An exciting opportunity has risen to work with one of the leading suppliers for men's casualwear fashion supplying to major high street retailers across the UK and Europe.
They are seeking a commercial Casual Menswear Designer with a versatile handwriting style to join their Manchester office. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure – someone who isn’t afraid to use their own initiative and design to various price points and able to work in a team but also on their own.
Designing for a range of multi products such as jersey tops, polos, woven shirts, cut and sew knits, as well as casual bottoms you will need to have an in-depth understanding of key fabrications and shapes and have the passion and enthusiasm to make product key and stand out for the customers and in house brands .
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Designing current up to the minute casual multi product menswear with an emphasis on Jersey and casual tops.
- Present trend-led fashion ranges to clients
- Put together design, mood, colour and trend Boards
- Build strong relationships with clients and attend meetings to discuss ranges
- Sourcing of fabric and trims
- To produce detailed technical packs for accurate first-time samples
- Ensuring samples are thoroughly checked and approved before production stage
- Previous experience working as men's casualwear designer with an emphasis on Jersey tops
- Experience leading trend direction
- Ideally used to working with and supplying high street fashion retailers such as Next
- Good understanding of fabrics and fabric techniques
- Experience in working on garment costings would be advantageous
- Ability to draft garment specifications
- Good understanding of garment construction
- Confident in presenting to clients
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Experience working with factories in India Sri Lanka and China
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong CAD skills