An exciting new opportunity has risen to work for a leading supplier to major high street retailing stores who are looking for a Ladies Soft Separates Designer to join their expanding team.
They are seeking an outgoing, creative commercial designer with a young yet versatile handwriting style who can work in a fast paced, demanding environment from their offices in Manchester.
You must be trend focused and able to design ranges based on a brief and free thinking. You will need to understand key shapes, current and forward trends.
A clear communicator who is confident speaking to management and buyers of all levels.
Main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Putting together mood boards for design inspiration
- Liaising and maintaining relationships with buyers
- Trend research
- Putting together fabric boards/swatches for approval
- Being aware of current trends and producing mood/direction boards
- Designing to price point
- Previous woven design experience for a Supplier experience at a similar level
- Confident to present to high street buyers independently
- An understanding of garment construction
- An understanding of fabrics and textures
- Good communication skills are essential
- Someone who is proactive and uses initiative
- Proficient in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop