My client is an established supplier to many high street retailers and is looking for a Ladies Casual Jersey Designer to join their team. This role offers flexibility in working from their offices or from home a few days a week to suit the individual.
They are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and commercial Womenswear Jersey designer, with a versatile handwriting, who can work on a cross section of accounts with leading high street retailers from high fashion to mid market. The product is mainly tops and some dresses and the ideal candidate would be someone who is used to working in a fast-paced environment and able to work under pressure.
This a great chance for a Designer to progress their career further with opportunities to travel abroad for factory visits and comp shops.
The ideal candidate must have a flare for fashion shapes and key fabrication. Graphic t-shirts are strong in this area so a good eye for print is essential.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the design and development team
- Develop new products on casual jersey and leisure
- Presenting ideas to the customers
- Design and develop specific ranges for the customers
- Attending sales meetings with existing and new customers
- Research catwalk trends
- Put together mood boards
- Inspirational shopping trips and competitive shopping
- Liaising with teams in Turkey
- Experience as a Casual Jersey Designer for a supplier working across various accounts
- Must have a flare for fashion fabrications
- Can demonstrate experience of working in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- First class communication skills at all levels
- Clear communicator
- CAD skills as well as sketching essential
- Knowledge of Turkey manufacturing advantageous
- Good eye for print