My Client is a popular Supplier of character licensed clothing to the High Street, with lovely sunny offices based in Zone 2, West London.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and talented Designer/Graphic Designer, full of enthusiasm & fresh idea's looking for a change or the next step in their career.
Main responsibilities will include:
- To design and drive development of new Nightwear & Essentials ranges, to satisfy market trends and customer needs, in keeping with the character licenses but also offering innovation and fresh, creative & commercial approaches to design.
- Designing licensed Nightwear and Essentials ranges for Retailers (as well as some apparel) predominantly for childrenswear.
- Being aware of current trends and producing mood/direction boards.
- Preparing sample requests and artwork for putting sampling into work with our factories.
- Working closely with Sales team, attending meetings at Retail and presenting CADs/samples to buyers.
- Covering both Graphic Design and Garment Design.
- Design to customer/sales briefs within CP restraints, meeting all required deadlines
- Strong, commercial & original approach to graphic design and print.
- Proven history of developing best-selling licensed clothing ranges for high street & supermarket accounts
- Ability to work with creative flair whilst understanding price/cost restraints.
- Sound knowledge of fabrics/ printing methods, techniques & garment construction essential.
- Good communication skills essential - the role involves liaising with other departments within the company for example: merchandising and QA & overseas factories
- To be proficient on Mac in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Foreign Travel opportunities, working with factory sample units overseas & directional comp shopping
- Good team player