We have a fantastic new opportunity to work for a leading supplier to many major high-street retailers and supermarkets looking for a Design Sales Assistant based in their London office.
This role would be suitable for a graduate who has completed a year placement in industry - someone who is very hands on and proactive; looking for a new challenge.
This position reports into the Merchandise controller for this busy ladieswear supplier, working across multi product areas including, knitwear, jersey and outwear.
The ideal candidate must be confident, uses initiative and able to work within a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the design and development/production team
- Sending and chasing samples for gold seal approval
- Lab dip and bulk fabric approvals
- Sourcing fabrics and trims
- Input and maintain images and information on internal systems library.
- Help prepare presentation pack to the customers
- Attending sales meetings with existing and new customers
- Liaising with overseas factories
- Managing the critical path
- Processing purchase orders
- General admin and updates within the merchandising department
- Presenting material purchase orders to management for approval and emailing to the mills and factories once approved.
- Preparing regular yarn, fabric and print chasing lists and sending to relevant mills, following up on the phone as needed.
- Prepare regular garment sample chasing charts, cross-checking and updating fabric and yarn status info as required.
- General administrative support to the development team and therefore design team; helping to prepare for meetings, maintaining filing system, preparing reports.
- Uses own initiative and can manage own workload
- IT literate, especially with excel and able to pick-up systems quickly
- Product, fabric and yarn knowledge preferable but not essential
- Can demonstrate experience of working in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Highly organised, proactive, and numerate with excellent IT skills, particularly Excel
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Clear communication skills at all levels
- Eye for detail
- Experience within supply chain and/or the clothing industry