An exciting new opportunity have become available to work for a leading supplier to many high-street retailers and supermarkets, looking for a Ladies Denim Assistant Designer.
They are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and commercial Denim Assistant Designer with a young to mid-market handwriting style who can work in a fast-paced environment and able to work under pressure.
The ideal candidate must be confident designing and have a flare for fashion shapes and key denim fabrication - able to design for a wide demographic and different price points.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the design and development team
- Sending and chasing samples for approval
- Lab dip approvals
- Sourcing fabrics and trims
- Assisting the designer with development of new ranges and design techniques for the customers
- Help prepare presentation ideas to the customers
- Able to design to a price point
- Attending sales meetings with existing and new customers
- Liaising with overseas factories
- Research catwalk trends
- Put together mood boards for ladies woven tops ranges
- Cover shop reports etc for core denim departments
- Experience and knowledge working with denim
- Be able to recognise fabric construction/specification/wash techniques and be aware of the latest denim innovations
- Must have a flare for trend focused fashion fabrications and key styles
- Can demonstrate experience of working in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- First class communication skills at all levels