Our Client is a leading UK supplier who manages supply chains for major brands and retailers worldwide.
The position requires a highly motivated, commercially aware individual with excellent communication skills and a proven ability to drive and develop existing customer base that are value retailers and High Street accounts.
Working closely with the design team, you will need to have an experience of product development, sourcing, trends and production. You should be able to demonstrate menswear product knowledge and experience of liaising and dealing with the Far East.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Communicate with Buyers / customers on day to day issues
- Required to build and maintain good working relationships both within the team and with other teams/departments within the Company
- Product development and managing the critical path with Merchants
- Coordinate activity of fabric, garment techs, merchandising and design teams to ensure on-time delivery of product development projects
- General Admin, chasing samples, organising samples, taking photos of garments, keeping clear records of submits and approvals
- Provide guidance and assistance to design teams to ensure product development aligns with internal strategy and customer strategy
- In conjunction with design team, present new product to customers
- If possible should be able to negotiate prices in line with customer requirements and targets and agree cost prices with customers
- Represent company interests to third parties, including customers, suppliers and manufacturers.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as and when required due to the nature of the business.
- Travel in UK and to Far East
- Must possess excellent inter personal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Ability to take direction; work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative
- Strong organisational skills
- Must be dedicated and detailed orientated
- Must be capable of working under pressure
- Have an ability to work to critical deadlines
- Be able to work unsupervised in an accurate, methodical and organised manner with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Be able to travel within UK and Far East