A fabulous new opportunity has arisen for my client who are a leading supplier of both men's and ladies licensed jersey wear products to major high street retailers as well as dealing with several wholesalers throughout the UK. Their license portfolio is extensive, and they offer strong sourcing capabilities throughout the world.
Due to expansion they are looking for a dynamic account manager to build their wholesale and distribution business, you would be selling to existing customers that include UK wholesalers and distributors, you would be responsible for also developing new business within this market and developing a stock holding business. The position requires a highly motivated, commercially aware individual with excellent communication skills and a proven ability to drive and develop the specified sales channels
You will be working closely with the design team, and as such you will need to have experience of product development, sourcing, trends and production. You should be able to demonstrate product knowledge and experience of liaising and dealing with the Far East.
- The role will involve opening new accounts and exploiting already open accounts to their full potential.
- Communicate with Buyers / customers on day to day issues
- Fashion conscious and aware of fast fashion business
- Have the ability to work to critical deadlines
- Required to build and maintain good working relationships both within the team and with other teams/departments within the Company
- Product development.
- Coordinate activity of fabric, garment techs, merchandising and design teams to ensure on-time delivery of product development projects
- Provide guidance and assistance to design teams to ensure product development aligns with internal strategy and customer strategy
- In conjunction with design team, present new product to customers
- Negotiate prices in line with customer requirements and targets and agree cost prices with customers
- Apparel License Industry experience highly beneficial
- Experience in Sales of Licensed products to the major high street and value retail market
- Must be confident and have the willingness to travel within the UK and abroad.
- Strong Entrepreneurial spirit and able create new business relationships
- Experience and contacts within the distribution channels highly advantageous
- Ability to take direction; work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative
- Must possess excellent inter personal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Be able to work unsupervised in an accurate, methodical and organised manner
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task with attention to detail
- Driving License preferred