We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Gift/Accessories, Bath and Body Buyer who is looking for a new challenge to join a dynamic and fashionable retailer. Due to overwhelming popularity and continued growth, they are looking to recruit a buyer to focus on their accessories and gifting products.
The ideal candidate will have a background ideally within this product area from a retail environment. As a key member of the buying team, you will be able to demonstrate commercial awareness, creativity, and a real passion for accessories.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Being proactive and analytical to introduce new products in line with the brand's current products and trends
- Participating towards the development and implementation of new products
- Being responsible for strategic planning and negotiating prices to ensure costs are in line with the budget
- Managing and developing strong relationships with current and potential suppliers
- Maximising profit and managing markdown spend to ensure it is kept to a minimum
- Monitoring performance against the team training programme, highlighting areas for improvement
- Providing support for all areas including trade meetings, margin, product development, samples, cost, delivery, approval of production and trend analysis
- Working closely with the merchandising team on strategic planning
- Managing the critical path by chasing in development samples, carrying out approvals and fits and dealing with any queries, to ensure shipment dates are met and availability is maximised
- Inputting into cross functional activity as required e.g. retail operations, visual merchandising, e-com, and warehouse
- Attending supplier and trade fairs
Previous retail experience buying gifts, bath and body and accessories is essential for this role.
- Excellent analytical skills and highly numerate
- A high level of computer literacy, including keyboard skills (Excel)
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and react positively to working under pressure and with changing demands
- Adaptable, flexible, enthusiastic, with an open-minded approach
- A keen team player with a willingness to help others and the ability to work independently to achieve team and individual goals