A fantastic new opportunity has become available for a Ladieswear Woven Designer to work primarily across woven bottoms as well as some tops and dresses. You'll be designing for leading UK retailers and supermarkets for this well established and successful supplier.
They are seeking an enthusiastic and commercial Woven Designer who is used to working in a fast-paced environment and able to work under pressure.
This role will require someone who can work to a mid - hi-fashion market and will be 5 days in the office.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Create seasonal mood & trend boards specific to customer briefs.
- Research and source new design ideas & fabrics/trims day today.
- Constantly be researching the latest woven trends across social media, Instagram, Tik Tok, Blogs, WGSN, catwalks - all platforms.
- Able to produce high quality work to targets and tight deadline.
- Design and develop a commercial and fashion-forward product for range and clients.
- Attend regular design meetings with Sales Manager and customer buying/design teams.
- Sourcing fabric for initial samples and production.
- Woven background is essential for this role.
- Previous experience working with high street or supermarket customers.
- Supplier or retail background.
- Strong Adobe Suit CAD skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Commercially savvy with excellent on-trend knowledge.
- Confident when presenting and attending customer meetings.
- Fully computer literate including Photoshop and Illustrator.