Are you an experienced sample machinist looking for a new opportunity? This is a great opportunity for a sample machinist wanting to work for one of the UK's leading suppliers of fast fashion in London. This well established and successful supplier has an opportunity for an exceptional individual who is passionate about trend led fashion, to join their friendly and bustling technical team.
This role can be 5 days or 3 days a week.
Must live currently in the UK.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Full time role to produce quality fast fashion woven samples for development and sealing to customer deadlines for the UK fashion high street.
- Understand the nature of fabrics and alter machinery to suit different materials & embellishments.
- Working with jersey and woven fabrics.
- Communicating with designer, garment technologist and pattern cutters on a daily basis.
- To advise of any problems uncounted when making a sample (pattern problems, fabric problems, make up problems)
- MUST COME FROM A SUPPLIER BACKGROUND
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with a proven record of multi-product sample machining.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and read drawings while being able to produce accurate, quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Have come from a supplier/manufacturing background.
- Experienced with woven and jersey multiproduct.
- Highly organised, methodical and process driven.
- Great technical abilities and previous experience of working with specs.