An opportunity has arisen for one of my clients who are a successful supplier of Ladies Jersey and Casual Wovens to several major retailers This is an exciting role for an experienced Head of Design who can lead and inspire an team whilst also being hands on with customers and driving the business forward .
A strong commercial supplier background is required along with good man management skills. You should have a strong commercial eye, excellent communication skills and be confident with presenting to Buyers and directors at all levels.
Main Responsibilities will include :
- Oversee a team of designers
- Ability to create bestselling ranges and be hands on with trends and giving direction and guidance to your team
- Involvement with key customer meetings on a regular basis.
- Liaise with overseas factories and travel to the factories for development, fabric & trim sourcing, shopping research trips and client meetings when required.
- Assist with driving and increasing sales with new and existing customers.
- Required to work in a fast paced environment, high volume design/development
- Develop trend-led collections tailored towards customers throughout the year
- Ensure the design team is aware of sales analysis on weekly basis
- Sourcing of new fabrics and trims
Person Specifications :
- Experience within ladies Jersey wear and woven essential
- Previous supplier experience required
- Good understanding of garment costing
- Demonstrate longevity in your design career
- Management of a small team required
- Excellent communication at all levels along with, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to present and work alongside key management in the business