I am recruiting for a one-of-a-kind knitwear supplier who specialise in fine gauge knitwear and supply to UK retailers and e-tailers.
They are a growing company looking for an experienced Garment Technologist across knitwear to join their business and be part of an established technical team.
Main Responsibilities will include:
* Advising key measurement and construction detailing to design/development packs to facilitate production of samples.
* Measure and fit all samples during the development process in collaboration with the Knitwear Designer.
* Update each style with comprehensive fit comments providing detailed technical instructions to suppliers.
* Managing, working towards and updating the critical path from proto sample to bulk production.
* Fitting and approval of bulk sealing samples, preparing graded size charts for production.
* Reviewing base and bulk test reports of all fabrics and trims and approving wash care instructions.
* Liaising with suppliers and factories in Asia and Europe during the production to ensure technical issues are supported with clear and timely decisions to ensure shipment dates are achieved.
* Strong technical knowledge of fine gauge knitwear, garment fitting, grading and construction.
* A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role.
* The ability to effectively communicate across internal departments and external sources.
* Knowledge of fabric, lab testing and assessment of results.
* Keen eye for detail and team player.
* Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.