My Client is a leading supplier to the UK High Street of Ladies soft separates supplying mid to premium retailers. They are looking for an experienced Garment Technologist, with a good commercial eye and who is fully conversant working with both jersey and woven fabrics.
You must have a good understanding and extensive knowledge of garment construction.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Managing your own customers and the fit and seal process from order confirmation through to production.
- Have a good understanding of the Critical Path and be able to manage your Critical Path accordingly.
- Confident and able to build good working relationships with customers and take lead within fit sessions.
- The ability to recognise when customer requirements are not workable or could potentially affect cost.
- Ability to fully understand customer fit notes and to communicate these to internal team to make necessary amendments.
- Ability to work with in house sample room team and acknowledge any potential production quality risks.
- Process packs out to factory and to assist the factories with any queries they may have throughout the production process.
- Responsible for chasing, checking and internally approving production samples.
- Liaising and supporting all other departments ensuring critical path dates are achieved.
- Help implement and maintain quality measures with the ability to monitor procedures on a day to day basis.
- You must have a good understanding and extensive knowledge of garment construction.
- Previous experience working for a similar supplier preferred
- Organisation skills.
- Garment measuring experience on woven and jersey product groups.
- Pattern cutting knowledge required.
- Computer literate in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Team player.
- Great communicator.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Reliable and prepared to take responsibility.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.