Our client is an established and successful supplier of fashion-led, innovative character licensed childrenswear.
The role includes creating commercial childrens clothing designs including graphics and character licensing for babies, toddlers and older girls and boys.
This Design role can be full time freelance or part time freelance and will be working from home.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Research new trends, shapes, fabrics and develop childrens commercial designs
- Designing graphics as well as shapes
- Developing seasonal trend boards and creating bespoke customer trend boards
- Identifying new opportunities with new fabrications shapes, graphics, and prints
- Building and maintaining customer relationships as well as understanding their brand needs
- Produce customer-specific trend boards whilst continually looking to innovate with exciting new product design/development
- Strong graphic skills are essential for this role
- Previous experience in a similar role designing license childrenswear
- Be able to work closely and efficiently in a fast-paced fashion environment
- Innovate new ideas for customers
- Keeping up to date with research to develop business
- Be confident in presenting trends and design developments internally and professionally
- Have good communication skills with a positive and accommodating attitude
- Establish productive working relationships with commercial managers and team members
- Be able to work on own initiative, prioritise workload and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- The ability to use Photoshop and Illustrator is essential