We have an exciting new freelance opportunity for an Activewear/Yogawear Designer to join a highly established and trend lead company.
They are looking to recruit a creative Freelance Designer with a strong background across activewear who is used to working with technical fabrics to help drive sales within this sector of the market. They want someone with a commercial and feminine handwriting and a proven track record within this particular product area.
With large global offices based in Hong Kong, this role will be working remotely with a small team in the UK.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:-
- Identify and develop the most relevant activewear/yoga trends.
- Build excellent relationships with internal teams and senior management.
- Understand activewear garment construction and production constraints.
- Produce detailed tech packs and brief suppliers confidently.
- Fabric sourcing and development , understanding fabric development and innovation, keeping up to date with the latest technical trends.
- Responsibility for overseeing samples through to production.
- Understanding key trends and having the 'eye' for fashion
- Trend research, concept designs, line drawings technical packs, mood boards.
- Proven design track record in women's active/sportswear design.
- Must be commercial in both design and development.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ambitious, determined and confident.
- Ability to present to board level.
- Excellent communication and attention to detail.
- Design background form either a supplier or retailer within activewear.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of UK retail market.