We have a great role for an experienced licensed Character designer to work for an established supplier of fashion-led, innovative childrenswear wear.
Our client supply large scale retailers across the high street and supermarkets and are going from strength to strength in the kids and baby market.
They are looking for a designer with toddler experience across shape and graphics to join their growing team and work on commercial product ranges for girls and boys.
This is a permanent role with a lovely company based in Essex. A degree of hybrid working can be considered but there is a strong culture of collaboration in the team and so the role is predominantly office based.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Research new trends, shapes, fabrics and develop childrens commercial designs
- Designing graphics as well as shapes
- Developing seasonal trend boards and creating bespoke customer trend boards
- Identifying new opportunities with new fabrications shapes, graphics, and prints
- Building and maintaining customer relationships as well as understanding their brand needs
- Produce customer-specific trend boards whilst continually looking to innovate with exciting new product design/development
- Work with the team to ensure critical path dates and deadlines are met
- Strong shape graphic skills are essential for this role
- Previous experience in a similar role designing license childrenswear
- Be able to work closely and efficiently in a fast-paced fashion environment
- Innovate new ideas for customers
- Keeping up to date with research to develop business
- Be confident in presenting trends and design developments internally and professionally
- Have good communication skills with a positive and accommodating attitude
- Establish productive working relationships with commercial managers and team members
- Be able to work on own initiative, prioritise workload and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- The ability to use Photoshop and Illustrator is essential
- Need to drive for office location