Our client is an established outwear supplier to many of the UK and European high street retailers. They are actively looking to strengthen their design team and need an experienced Women's formal/casual Outwear Designer.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for designing and developing product by interpreting concepts into finished product.
- Developing themes, color, fabrication, and silhouettes for the upcoming season as well as working with mills.
- Develop original textures and patterns, including the development of presentation boards.
- Conduct raw material research, market research, flat sketches and fashion illustration, detailed specs, and fabric/trim research and allocations.
- Build and develop relationships with Merchandising and Quality.
- Identify current trends and shapes from catwalks to blog sites, comp shop trips and produce customer trend analysis presentation boards.
- Good Knowledge of techniques, fabrics and finishes.
- Work within design briefs and good knowledge of buying sign off requirements.
- Extensive knowledge and use of Adobe photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Must have a keen eye for detail.
- Good organisational skills as well as strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work independently as well as working well in a team.