This role is with a leading and established Outerwear manufacturing company based in Hertfordshire who design for the UK and US High Street.
Main responsibilities Will Include:
- Creating ranges of fast fashion ladies outerwear
- Forecasting key shapes and trends
- Working as part of the design team
- Design and develop ranges to fit the customer requirements.
- Fabric development, ensuring fit for purpose and with cost budget
- Sourcing trimmings
- Prepare and organise mood boards
- Liaising with factories, suppliers and customers
- Working to a critical path deadlines.
- Ensure that all designs are technically correct and fit for commercial bulk production
- MUST have experience in a similar role working with ladies outerwear
- Beneficial to have experience working with High Street retailers such as Next, Arcadia, Debenhams and C&A (Europe).
- Outerwear experience is essential
- Strong CAD skills including Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to undertake trend prediction
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines