My client are a leading online fashion e- tailer delivering the latest trends and must have pieces within the Indian market in line with European brands. They are looking for a Design Manager with a strong eye for interpreting young hi fashion trends to be based in their London office in the West End overseeing a team of designers.
The ideal candidate must be able to identify and deliver exciting new trends and distinctive, fashionable, affordable product suitable for the Indian youth market.This is an exciting opportunity for someone to have autonomy in their role and work for an extremely design led and commercial e-tailer.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Take ownership of the Womensear department ensuring all trends, key season must haves and commercial opening price point products are delivered on time,
- Lead a team of designers to inspire and develop them to their full potential ensuring in depth understanding of the Indian customer and culture.
- Liaise with all business functions including buying, merchandising, marketing, creative and studio teams - sharing knowledge and enthusiasm, resulting in all teams understanding the trends and products coming into the business to enable the creation of informed and exciting content across the website and through all marketing activity
- Undertake regular travel to India to develop the brand and build relationships with the India based team as well as other Far East travel
- Previous experience working for a retailer designing for the young hi fashion market essential
- Must be a passionate leader who is able to inspire and develop a design team ensuring all members are working to their full potential whilst acquiring an in depth understanding of the Indian customer and culture
- Ladies multi product experience across Woven, Jersey, Denim and Outerwear
- Previous experience sourcing and developing ranges out of India and China
- Flexibility to travel to overseas several times a year
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly to market reactions and emerging trends ensuring all opportunities are delivered and maximised.
- Excellent communication at all levels along with, time management and organisational skills
Please provide relevant current artwork with your application.